Dee Sadler's resume PDF
Interaction/Creative Manager • UX/UI design/branding • Evangelist/Speaker
Interaction/Creative Manager - Depending on what is needed, the interaction designer needs to be up on the latest techniques and software. Knowing what is available, how to do it, how much time it will take and taking the audience into consideration is what it is about.
UX/UI design/branding - User Experience is key to everything. Specializing in the user experience from wireframes in Fireworks to finished designs including CSS and UI creation.
Evangelist/Speaker - Conference/writer/video producer/speaker on Wireframes, CSS, Flash Catalyst, Fireworks and more. Community Professional and social media geek. 110% immersed in the technology community.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND ADVANCED SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE
Adobe® Certified Instructor and Adobe® Certified Expert in:
Photoshop | Illustrator | InDesign | Illustrator | Flash | Dreamweaver | Dreamweaver with CF | Contribute | Certified Web Specialist (CS4 for all versions)
Brainbench Web design concepts | Brainbench OS X Master level in Computer Fundamentals Mac OS X
1993-Present - Owner - A Box of Pixels, LLC
- UX/UI work for various clients using Frireworks, Balsamiq, Flash Catalyst and others to ensure the best user experience.
- Organizer of multiple community events, including marketing, branding and promotion.
- Training/video creation for Dreamweaver and Fireworks.
- Adobe Instructor, writer/tech editor.
- Knowledge of other non-Adobe technologies including PHPFox (a social application CMS), Blue Martini (a powerful e-Commerce and marketing software), and WordPress.
- Designed Fusion Authority Quarterly Update, a ColdFusion magazine (won a cfEmmy), and several ColdFusion conference guides and promotional materials.
- Speaker for User groups and conferences, writer, blogger and all around geek.
TekSystems - User Experience Designer, for the UXD department at Sprint
- UX/UI creation with accessibility and user experience standards in mind.
- Worked with Marketing to develop promotions to increase sales.
- Enhanced the user experience for the shopping cart at Sprint.com by design new ways to use a shopping cart.
TekSystems - Interactive Producer for VML (a national ad agency), Kansas City
- Liaison for VML at Hills Pet Nutrition. Influenced site and UX/CSS standards direction.
- Created Flash standards materials, organized classes, and focused on keeping branding standards across multiple brands.
- Web and print design for high-profile clients such as Sprint, Xerox, Hills Pet Nutrition, KFC, Phillip Morris and more.
- Project management experience.
- Software used: Flash, Dreamweaver, HTML text editors, Photoshop, Fireworks, Excel, PC & Mac platforms.
Ingram’s Magazine - Creative/Art Director
- Design of a regional business magazine and helped organize community events.
- Managed a small team of designers as the Creative/Art Director.
- Managed photo shoots and produced photographs for the magazine and events.
- Development of company web sites, creation of new sites for new business and related magazines.
River City Solutions - Lead software trainer/web designer/tech
- Training department Manager, and in charge of department marketing, and materials.
- Added business and income by building web sites for River City Solutions and clients.
- Achieved Adobe Expert certifications in 3 Adobe programs and status on Adobe’s site.
- Part of a team updating OS X on 1600 machines for the city’s largest card company.
- Designed marketing and promotional materials.
- Consulted clients in best design practices.
- Mini tech, updating software, troubleshooting for printing, and various software.
Corporate Express - Graphic artist, forms designer
- Project manager in charge of 5-person team designing interactive presentations.
- Part of a 2 person team designing eForms for internal use and for clients.
- Graphic design and pre press including: “scrubbing” files, “set new” forms, direct mail, scanning and plate set up and making for direct-to-plate.
- Programs/skills used: pre press, multimedia, scanning, computer-to-plate, Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Acrobat, troubleshooting, Freehand, direct mail and form design.
MacSource - Training specialist and web designer
- Web design for MacSource and their clients.
- Designed marketing and promotional material.
- Software trainer in both beginning and advanced courses in, QuarkXPress, InDesign, Photoshop, HTML, ImageReady, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Illustrator, web design and more.
BOLD Internet and Business Solutions - Web designer
- Designed and maintained web sites using Dreamweaver, GoLive, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Freehand, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Design of Small Business web sites.
- Updated a thousand web pages for a local communications company.
- Adobe User Group Manager since 2005.
- Adobe Community Professional - Creative Suite now and Dreamweaver and InDesign since 2007.
- Adobe Certified Instructor in 5 programs for 12 + years.
- Vice President MacCORE - Kansas City’s largest Macintosh user group (non-for-profit) - former instructor, newsletter editor and designed their last web site. (Group is no longer active as of 02/09).
- Johnson County Junior College, Multimedia Department Advisory Board member.
- Took a dying user group and turned it into a thriving Adobe community with an umbrella group (KCCoreGroup) with four user groups running under it, uniting the local Adobe designer/developer community.
- Organized a Manager to manager meeting (M2M) at the first Community Summit (06) which has turned into a monthly online event that strives to enable User Group managers to ask questions, get answers to the issues that being a Community Manager face. Social marketing creation including a Twitter page, Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
- Saw new Managers struggling to figure out how to run a group, and developed a 12 page PDF booklet for New Managers currently being used on Adobe groups.
- Development of branding materials, organizing events locally and nationally.
- Creation of branding, marketing, and promotion of three large events in Kansas City. Two for Ben Forta/ColdFusion tour (06 and 08) and the third was for the User Group RIA tour 09, including t-shirt designs, setting up venues, planning menus, production and creation of sponsor materials, manager materials and event brochures.
- Taught a 2-Day class on CS3 Creative Suite at the Community Summit in 08 for Adobe.
Speaker at CFUnited 09, Flash Camp St. Louis 09
- Upcoming speaker at Flash and the City in May of 2010 (“Wireframing with Flash Catalyst”).
Member of Adobe Freelance Professionals, an elite group of Adobe Instructors, writers and speakers since 2008.
- Teaching assistant at Adobe MAX 2009 for 8 sessions.
- OnDemand eSeminars on CS4 new Features and Web Creative Suite, for Adobe in October, November of 09 and Web Workflows in January 1020.
- Designated as one of the ‘Women of the RIA’ in an article for O’Reillys Inside RIA
- Creator of D2W, a designer/developer workflow conference. Manage all aspects of conference logistics, including creating marketing materials, branding, social media, and daily operations
- The new Dreamweaver and Fireworks trainer for Total Training videos.
- Tech Reviewer for Wiley for the Master Visually Dreamweaver and Flash Professional series.
JCCC- US-Kansas-Overland Park. Communication Arts with emphasis in computer design. Continuing education with emphasis in programming with OOP and web development. Member of Phi-Theta-Kappa, JCCC’s Honor Society.